Ben Callahan Community Complex
Our friend Ben Callahan, a stand out three-sport athlete, musician, scholar, and humanitarian passed
away in a drowning accident. His reach amongst the local community was immense and his legacy has spread internationally. Ben’s infectious smile, boldness, compassion, and character brought together thousands of people in the wake of his death including family, friends, teammates, coaches, bandmates, opponents on the field and countless lives who have had been impacted by the way he lived. As we mourn, our family and community have grown closer. We remember Ben’s crazy spirit that reached for the extravagant but always looked to help others in need. We hope to enhance educational needs, fitness, sports teams and enrichment and gifted programs!
Building Our Sports, Fitness and Community Facility
In order to serve the shoreline community in these five important need areas – youth, teen, adult and family sport and fitness programs, we have designed a 125,000 square foot facility which includes:
● 4 indoor basketball courts
● 1 Indoor multi-purpose full turf field
● 4 smaller indoor multi-purpose turf fields
● 3 outdoor multi-purpose full turf fields
● A full service teen center with meeting rooms, vending area, and video/television lounge
● A fitness center
● A group ex room
● A spirit, mind and body room
● A state of the art spinning room
● An impact performance training area
● Personal training and small group training area
● Kids Care Babysitting rooms
● Sports not limited to basketball, soccer, football, wrestling, lacrosse, field hockey, volleyball, dance, cheerleading, multi-sport, karate/judo, pickle ball……….
● Birthday party rooms
● Banquet facilities
● Hiking and nature trails.
● Family, youth, team and adult locker rooms
● Restaurant and lounge
To create a state of the art, unique competition and wellness facility for the Shoreline Communities with a purpose of serving children, seniors and families while spreading the same hope of eternity that Ben carried in his heart. As a not for profit we will strive to help everyone who needs financial assistance join the facility and participate in programs through our generous financial aid program.
BC2 is a multi-sport training, fitness, teen and senior programming, recreation, events and entertainment facility that will serve as a hub for a full spectrum of wellness, fitness classes, sports, teen programming as well as many other recreation and community pursuits. The facility will provide an atmosphere of community and welcoming to all. The facility will focus on the following principle offerings:
BC2 Staff and Volunteer Team
Our team cares not only about our facility, but our community. We’re a dedicated team working to ensure the shoreline stays active by providing a fitness and sports complex for all.
|10:00 AM||Driving Range & Putting Green Open|
|11:30 AM||Putting Contest||Putting Green|
|12:00 PM||Shotgun Start|
|05:00 PM||Cocktail Hour|